American Honda Recognizes Top Suppliers for 2012
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. President and CEO Tetsuo Iwamura today presented the company 's Premier Partner Award to 15 American Honda suppliers for demonstrating excellence in quality, value and customer service. This year 's award recipients were selected from among 41 suppliers nominated by American Honda associates, out of more than 1,000 eligible companies.
The Premier Partner Award winners represent multiple industries from varied aspects of Honda 's business ranging from software development and fleet management to printing and marketing services. The 2012 award recipients include five winners returning from last year as well as five first time winners. The awards program was established in 1998 to recognize suppliers who embrace American Honda 's philosophy of exceeding customer expectations with quality and exceptional service.
"Today we acknowledge an outstanding group of suppliers who embody Honda 's philosophy of delivering the highest possible value to our customers through quality products and customer service," said Gary Kessler, American Honda 's senior vice president of Human Resources, Administration and Corporate Affairs. "The support of these suppliers is critical to the success of American Honda and we are honored to recognize them for their exceptional contributions."
Following are the 15 American Honda Premier Partner Award recipients for 2012:
- ADP Lightspeed of Salt Lake City, for providing business management solutions
- Andrew Woods & Associates, LLC of Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., for public relations support
- Atlantic Container Line AB of Chicago, Ill., for providing international transporting services
- BI Worldwide of Minneapolis, for the development and execution of customer engagement programs
- CEVA Logistics of Torrance, Calif., for supporting American Honda part centers
- Genex of Culver City, Calif., for website development and maintenance
- Intrapromote, LLC of Hudson, Ohio for search engine optimization expertise and support
- Maritz of Torrance, Calif., for assisting with employee and dealer relations
- Meiko America, Inc. of Torrance, Calif., for export shipment booking
- Nissin International Transport, U.S.A. of Torrance, Calif., for exhibit logistic services
- Pasha Distribution Services of Corte Madera, Calif., for vehicle transportation and transportation-related activities
- RMI International Inc. of Paramount, Calif., for supplying security and security-related services
- RR Donnelley of Torrance, Calif., for the development and production of as well as the storing and shipping of Monroney labels
- Targetbase of Irving, Texas, for marketing strategy and consultation, and development and management of proprietary customer databases
- TM Claims Service, Inc. of Los Angeles, for a broad range of transportation-related claims services
Based on Honda's longstanding commitment to "build products close to the customer" Honda currently operates 14 manufacturing facilities in North America, producing a wide range of Honda and Acura automobiles, automobile engines and automatic transmissions, Honda all-terrain vehicles, and Honda power equipment products such as lawn mowers, mini-tillers and general purpose engines, using domestic and globally sourced parts. Honda started local production in the U.S. with motorcycles in 1979. In 1982, Honda became the first Japanese automaker to produce passenger cars in the U.S. Honda has continued to expand its local production capabilities, and cumulative automobile production in North America surpassed 23 million units in 2011.
Honda News & Views: http://www.honda.com/news
Honda Multimedia Newsroom (For Press Only): http://www.hondanews.com
Honda on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/honda
Honda on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AmericanHonda
Honda on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/hondanews
Honda Web site: http://www.honda.com
Error: Could not authenticate you.