American Honda Reports April Auto Sales: CR-V Sets April Record, Accord Sees 41-Percent Gain, All-New 2013 Acura RDX Fast Out of the Gate
American Honda today reported April 2012 U.S. sales of 122,012 units, an increase of 10 percent based on the daily selling rate*. The Honda division posted April 2012 sales of 109,837, an increase of 9.2 percent compared to April 2011. Acura's U.S. April sales of 12,175 were up 18 percent compared to April 2011.
- Honda Accord sales up more than 40 percent compared to April 2011, demonstrating the strength of Accord, even as an all-new version is set to debut this fall.
- New April sales record for CR-V. Accord, CR-V, Odyssey and Ridgeline all post double-digit percentage sales gains compared to last year.
- Honda Civic Hybrid sales up more than 600 percent on heightened fuel-price sensitivity.
"With double-digit sales growth in April, the Accord continues to be the retail sales leader in the mid-size segment," said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of sales. "As other manufacturers resort to fleet sales, the quality and value of the Honda Accord continues to win new customers even as we prepare to launch an all-new model this fall."
- 2013 Acura RDX is fast out of the gate, with sales of the all-new SUV up more than 65 percent compared to same period last year.
- All core Acura models (TL, TSX, RDX and MDX) post double-digit increases compared to 2011, while MDX remains Acura's best selling model.
- The all-new ILX compact luxury sedan goes on sale May 22.
"We're delighted to see customers embrace the right-sized 2013 Acura RDX," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "It's great to see so many new owners recognizing the remarkable combination of class-leading fuel economy, performance and luxury in our new SUV."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 24 days for April 2012 and 27 days for April 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 101 days for 2012 and 102 days for 2011. All percentages reflect DSR.
For more information about Honda vehicles, please visit www.automobiles.honda.com. For media inquiries please visit www.hondanews.com. For more information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries please visit www.acuranews.com.
#ICYMI Honda began operation of a stationary #fuelcell power station as a step toward the future commercialization… twitter.com/i/web/status/16417…
Congratulations to our @HondainSC side-by-side for placing second in @SCManufacturers’ #CoolestThingMadeInSC contes… twitter.com/i/web/status/16415…
Honda is proud to support and participate in the @HBCUCaucus Sixth Annual STEAM Days of Action. As we continually s… twitter.com/i/web/status/16411…