American Honda Reports September Sales: Accord 56-Percent Gain Fuels Honda Sales Surge; Acura RDX Sales Up More Than 119 Percent
American Honda today reported September 2012 U.S. sales of 117,211 units, an increase of 30.9 percent compared with September 2011. The Honda Division posted September 2012 sales of 102,845 units, an increase of 29.3 percent compared with September 2011. Acura's U.S. September sales of 14,366 units increased 43.5 percent compared with September 2011.
- Accord leads all Honda vehicles in September with 29,182 in sales posting a 56.6-percent gain compared to the year prior
- Civic gains 57.0 percent compared with September 2011 with 21,546 in sales
- CR-V sets a new September record with sales of 22,268, up 13.6 percent
"The all-new 2013 Accord hit dealerships in mid-September and our dealers are already seeing a significant increase in customer traffic surrounding the new model," said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of sales. "Combined with the strength of key models such as Civic, CR-V and Odyssey, Honda is once again firing on all cylinders as we enter fall."
- RDX sets its 5th-consecutive record sales month with 2,938 units, up 119.9 percent compared to September 2011
- MDX retains the top-selling Acura title with sales of 4,692 units, up more than 60.4 percent from September 2011
- TL sedan sales up 29.1 percent from last year with 3,236 in monthly sales
"Acura's core models of TL and MDX continue as a driving force for the brand," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura sales. "Now, we have new products such as RDX setting monthly sales records and the ILX continuing to carve out a foothold as the gateway to our lineup."
The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for September 2012 and 25 days for September 2011. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 230 days for 2012 and 229 days for 2011. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
For more information about Honda vehicles, please visit www.automobiles.honda.com. For media inquiries please visit www.hondanews.com. For more information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries please visit www.acuranews.com.
RT @HondaInclusion: Congrats to @GamecockwBB basketball star Aliyah Boston who was named the @CWSA_Hondacup Collegiate Woman Athlete of… https://t.co/DXu86d7h19