Eight Top HBCUs Form Epic 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands Lineup
Oct 30, 2015 - TORRANCE, CA
The votes are in and the lineup is set. Students, alumni and fans from America's Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) have helped select eight top marching bands to perform at the Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase, on January 30, 2016 in Atlanta. For this 14th installment, talented student musicians will once again dazzle an expected capacity crowd at the Georgia Dome, with a unique display of showmanship, instrumental performances and carefully curated choreography. The 2016 lineup consists of new and familiar HBCUs, including first-time participant, Lincoln University (PA) and eleven-time participant, Bethune-Cookman University.
- Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Alcorn State University, Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite (Southwestern Athletic Conference)
- Bethune Cookman University, Marching Wildcats (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of the South (Southeastern Athletic Conference)
- Lincoln University (PA), Orange Crush Roaring Lions (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association)
- Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm (Southwest Athletic Conference)
- South Carolina State University, Marching "101" (Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference)
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of Bands (Ohio Valley Conference)
The eight bands were selected through a process that included online fan voting, as well as feedback from band directors, HBCU presidents and American Honda representatives. In addition to a $20,000 grant from Honda to support their music education programs, each participating HBCU will receive travel and accommodations to the Invitational Showcase in Atlanta.
"Honda Battle of the Bands is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that helps HBCU student musicians showcase their talent and discover their greatness, both on and off the field," said Steve Morikawa, Vice President, Corporate Community Relations, American Honda. "Honda is proud to have a longstanding relationship with America's HBCUs, and is honored that many students consider this event a highlight of their collegiate experience."
Group and individual tickets to the Invitational Showcase are going fast and available for purchase on the official HBOB website, starting at only $10. Fans can follow each band's #RoadToTheHonda journey on official Honda Battle of the Bands social media channels and join the conversation using #HBOB.
• Facebook – Facebook.com/HondaBattleoftheBands
• Twitter – @The_Honda / Twitter.com/The_Honda
• Instagram – @The_Honda / Instagram.com/the_honda
• YouTube - 2015 Invitational Showcase Highlights
For more information on the 2016 Honda Battle of the Bands, visit HondaBattleoftheBands.com.
Honda seeks to be a company that society wants to exist, creating products and technologies that improve the lives of people while minimizing the environmental impacts of its products and business operations to ensure a sustainable future. Honda also is committed to making positive contributions to the communities where it does business, to socially responsible business practices and to the promotion of diversity in its workforce. From Honda's involvement in STEM education and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to its support of pediatric brain tumor research and volunteer efforts by Honda associates – including environmental clean-up activities – Honda believes in giving back to the communities where its associates live and work. Learn more at csr.honda.com.
# # #
Error: Could not authenticate you.