Honda January Sales Gain Powered by Award-Winning Accord; Acura Sales Increase Again Fueled by RDX and ILX
American Honda today reported January 2013 U.S. sales of 93,626 units, an increase of 12.8 percent compared with January 2012. The Honda brand posted January 2013 sales of 84,137 units, an increase of 12.7 percent compared with January 2012. Acura U.S. January sales of 9,489 units increased 13.2 percent compared with January 2012.
Sales of the all-new 2013 Honda Accord were up more than 75 percent from last year - with 10,000 more Accords sold this January than in January 2012. The totally revised Accord has already become one of the most decorated vehicles in Honda history, garnering a host of awards that include being named for a record 27th time to Car and Driver magazine's 10Best Cars list, as well as winning key comparison tests against its mid-size rivals in comparisons from Car and Driver and Cars.com/USA Today/"MotorWeek".
- Sales of the all-new Accord are up 75.2 percent from last January with sales of 23,924 units
- Reflecting key changes, the new 2013 Crosstour sees sales jump 38.2 percent from last January
- Pilot sales are up 16.3 percent compared with last January, with sales of 7,405 units
"The all-new Accord has the Honda brand right where we left off in 2012 - powering significant sales gains in the new year," said John Mendel, American Honda executive vice president of Sales. "With our strongest vehicle lineup ever and continued sales momentum, we're optimistic 2013 will be a great year for the Honda brand."
- RDX sets its ninth-consecutive monthly sales record, up over 181.6 percent from last January with sales of 2,489 units
- MDX was the top selling Acura model in January, with sales of 2,575 units
- ILX was again the top selling Acura sedan in January with sales of 1,558 units
"Acura's newest products continue to drive our sales momentum as we begin a new year," said Jeff Conrad, vice president of Acura Sales. "With the positive reception of the all-new Acura MDX Prototype in Detroit, and the upcoming launch of our new flagship RLX sedan, Acura is poised for even greater success in 2013."
The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 25 days for January 2013 and 24 days for January 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 25 days for 2012 and 24 days for 2011. All percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
For more information about Honda vehicles, please visit www.automobiles.honda.com. For media inquiries please visit www.hondanews.com. For more information about Acura vehicles, please visit www.acura.com. For media inquiries please visit www.acuranews.com.
Error: Could not authenticate you.